If you are looking to improve your oral health in nontraditional ways like brushing and flossing, there are some other methods that can be implemented into your routines, such as using mouthwash or sugarless gum. Although neither treatment should ever replace brushing and flossing, they can be used to compliment your already outstanding oral health habits. Listed below are the benefits of mouthwash and sugarless gum:
– Studies have shown that if you chew sugarless gum for at least twenty minutes after eating, it can wash away bacteria and food particles to help protect you better from cavities.
– Sugarless gum can increase your saliva flow, which contains ingredients that can neutralize the harmful acids caused by bacteria that can harm tooth enamel.
– Sugarless gum can help stop heartburn or acid buildup in the esophagus.
– Mouthwash can counteract the effects of halitosis (bad breath) and tooth decay.
– Mouthwash can be used as an accessory in the fight against cavities by protecting your teeth against plaque buildup.
– Mouthwash can protect your mouth against gingivitis, which is a precursor to gum disease.
For more wonderful and amazing oral health care tactics recommended by our team at Paul Vartabedian, DDS, give us a call at 707-263-1496. If you would like to book an appointment with Dr. Paul Vartabedian at our dentist office in Lakeport, California, please contact us during regular office hours. With a little love and some support, your smile can be as fantastic as you want it to be.