Many think of flossing as a difficult and challenging task, and if you are one of these people, our dental team is here to help you! We recommend using a water flosser to clean your smile each day. Water flossers are beneficial tools that make flossing easier and more enjoyable each time you clean your teeth.
The water flossers are small, hand-held wands that spray water out of the top of the tool. The water comes out in pulses and it effectively cleans your teeth.
How to Use a Water Flosser
- Make sure the base, also known as the reservoir, is filled with lukewarm water. Select the tip you would like to use, and adjust the pressure control to the level you prefer.
- Lean over the sink and press the tip of the water flosser in your mouth. Close your lips around the tip and turn the unit on. It’s important to keep your lips tight around the flosser.
- Start by rinsing between your back teeth and pause briefly at every crevice. When cleaning aim the flosser tip just above the gumline at a 90-degree angle.
- When you are done washing the food particles and plaque from between your teeth, turn the unit off and then press the “Tip Eject” button to remove the tip.
Why Use a Water Flosser
- Evidence proves that it is an effective way to deeply clean the crevices of your smile.
- It is easy to use.
- It effectively removes plaque and other harmful substances from your teeth.
- It deeply cleans the pockets in your mouth.
- It thoroughly cleans around braces and other orthodontic appliances.
- It is safe and gentle.
- It reduces your chances of having periodontal disease.
Now remember, don’t forget to brush your teeth twice a day, rinse your mouth once a day, and visit your dentist every six months. Flossing won’t completely clean your smile, so it needs to be done in addition to these other oral hygiene techniques. If you do all of these tasks together, you will have a healthy and beautiful smile that can last a lifetime.
If you have any questions or if you would like to learn more about water flossers in Lakeport, California, call our office now and talk to a member of our caring dental team! We are happy to help you in any way we can, especially your dentist, Dr. Paul Vartabedian. All you need to do is call 707-263-1496!