Although cavity treatment can be done with dental fillings, it’s best to stop cavities before they form by cleaning your teeth daily. This includes routines such as brushing and flossing daily as well as scheduling professional cleanings with your dentist twice every year. To take care of your oral health with cavity prevention treatments, consider the following:
– Brush and floss with tools that are dentist recommended or those highlighting the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Sticky and chewy foods that linger in your mouth can significantly increase your risk for cavities, so choose wisely, or use a cleaning product after meals such as sugarless gum or mouthwash.
– Eat safer foods and snacks, and maintain a balanced diet that is high in minerals such as phosphorus and calcium, which can promote healthy teeth and a sturdy enamel layer.
– Book professional cleanings every 6 months and book oral health care appointments for checkups with your dentist as recommended.
– Do your best to avoid harmful elements that can cause cavities, such as sugar.
– To lower your risk for cavities, the ADA suggests that you brush your teeth at least twice daily and floss once daily.
Depending on your tooth enamel damage, our dentist at Paul Vartabedian, DDS can help you find which treatment will work best for you. Dr. Paul Vartabedian and our team would love to see you at our dentist office in Lakeport, California. To schedule an appointment, please call 707-263-1496 today. We look forward to helping you find the treatment options that are best suited to your needs!