Do you care for your teeth daily and practice safe and effective oral hygiene habits by brushing and flossing? Is there more you could be doing? The answer is yes there is. Besides brushing and flossing, it is always important to schedule regular oral exams and professional cleanings from your dentist.
In addition, there may even be another way to help your oral hygiene from the comfort of your own home: mouthwash. Mouthwash cannot replace brushing or flossing, but with the right product, it can add an additional layer of protection in the battle to keep your mouth happy and healthy. Here are a few benefits of mouthwash:
– Mouthwash can reduce plaque buildup.
– Mouthwash can prevent tartar from forming. Tartar occurs when plaque hardens around the teeth. Tartar buildup can lead to gum disease and tooth decay.
– Mouthwash can fight halitosis (harmful bacteria that causes bad breath) and can freshen your breath.
– Mouthwash helps prevent and fight the effects of tooth decay.
– Be careful not only to look for cosmetic mouthwashes but therapeutic ones as well. The best mouthwashes are ones that not only can freshen your breath, but also fight bacteria, tooth decay, and gum disease. Always look for products that have the American Dental Association Seal of Acceptance.
– Depending on the ingredients, some mouthwashes can even brighten teeth.
An oft-forgotten oral hygiene tool at your disposal, mouthwash can reach places that brushing and flossing alone may miss. For more helpful hygienic habits, please schedule an oral exam and professional cleaning with Paul Vartabedian, DDS. For more detailed services, you can schedule an appointment with our dentist. We can be reached via phone at 707-263-1496, or by stopping by at our location in Lakeport, California. We look forward to hearing from you soon!