Do you know whether or not you have bruxism? Bruxism, also known as teeth grinding, is the condition of habitually grinding and gnashing your teeth, often while unconscious. One of the most common forms of bruxism, sleep bruxism, occurs while you are asleep and can easily go undiagnosed for years. If your smile ever feels different or “off” when you arise from your sleep, look for these signs and symptoms of bruxism:
– You experience jaw and face soreness when you wake up.
– You suffer headaches and earaches.
– Your tongue is indented and your cheek tissue shows signs of impairment.
– Bruxism can result in other problems such as TMJ disorders.
– Your teeth may be extra sensitive with increased pain.
– Question a sleep partner or roommate to see if you clench your teeth loudly while you sleep.
– Your teeth might look flat or dull from bruxism damage, or even chipped and cracked with no explanation of how the damage manifested.
No matter the bruxism treatment you desire, Dr. Paul Vartabedian and our team at Paul Vartabedian, DDS is here to give you the smile you want. If you would like to schedule an appointment to come see us at our dental office in Lakeport, California, please contact us at 707-263-1496 to speak with a member of our team. Our dedicated staff is here to help you get the smile you desire!